Membership types and fees for the 2018-19 Season.
- Full Member (age 22 and up): $450
- Half Year - petition to the Board is required: $325
- Junior Member (age 14-21): $195
- Youth Member: (under age 14): $100
- Social Member: $25
Full members enjoy:
- Unlimited social leagues (with some exceptions)
- 5 week Instructional Leagues at no additional cost
- Reserve ice time for practice
- Saturday morning practice sessions
- Reserving ice time for a Member outing (you can host an outing for your family and friends at a cost per reserved sheet - price subject to change)
- Voting rights
- Member of USCA
- Eligible to play in Bonspiels
Any curler joining as a full member for first time will receive a $100 discount. Membership payments are not yet being accepted for next season; more information will be coming in August. Our curling season typically runs from October thru March except during Olympic years when we extend the season into April. We run two league signup sessions during the season, fall and winter.
League Committee – Fall Session Information
Registration opens Friday 9/14 at 7pm
Registration closes Friday 9/28 at midnight
Fall Season starts on Thursday, October 4.
Fall Leagues: (Note the change to Sunday leagues and the new leagues on Friday and Saturday
- Saturday, 4:30pm Open League playing Skins format
- Sunday 2pm/4pm Open League
- Sunday 6pm/8pm Team\Open League
- Monday 4:30pm Open League
- Monday 6:30/8:30pm Team\Open League
- Tuesday 6:30/8:30pm Men's League
- Tuesday 6:30/8:30pm Women's League
- Wednesday 6:15/8:30pm Competitive League
- Thursday Day League 1:00 pm - Open sign-up; teams and positions determined week to week
- Thursday 6:30/8:30pm Mixed League
- Friday 5:30pm Open League
- Open League - Signup is open to anyone, you can sign up as a single or pair. The league committee will put together teams based on the pair and single signups.
- Team\Open League – Signup is open to anyone, however if you are signing up as a full team at least one member of the team needs to have 1 season of experience. A signup is considered a team if they have 3 or 4 players. League committee will attempt to place singles and pair on any open spots, but full teams will have preference.
- Men's & Women's League - They are restricted to Men and Women respectively. They play 1 draw time and it alternates week to week.
- Mixed League - Signups are as a mixed pair. Preference is given to mixed pairs and singles that signup will only get a spot if there are not enough pair signups.
- Competitive League - Signup as a full team. Only 12 teams get in, there will be a play-in event on the first couple Wednesday's in October to determine which teams get into the league if there are more than 12. Everyone must have at least 1 year experience, skips must have 2 years experience.
- Open Skins - Same as the Open league, the format will be skins. Each end will be worth a skin, points for the skin will increase every other end. (1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4)
- Signups are limited to 7 teams per draw time.
- Sign-ups are first come first serve. We base this on the timestamp of your signup. A few special rules about this:
- Full team’s timestamp is based on the last player's signup. If you add a player to your team late in the signup, your team’s timestamp will change.
- Pair’s timestamp is based on the 2nd player's signup.
The 5-Rock rule will go into effect at the Columbus Curling Club beginning Fall 2018. It just extends the free guard rules that we have been playing already from 4 to 5 rocks.