The Columbus Curling Club hosts private Learn to Curl clinics for corporations, sports teams, school/youth groups plus any other large group of people.
Our facility is located off I-71 between the North Broadway and Weber Road exits on the north side of Columbus.
It is equipped with a warm room with seating, a bar and viewing screens. If there are any members of your group that only want to watch, there is plenty of seating to view all the activity.
Before any participant or spectator can enter the cold room with the ice, a Release of Liability must be signed. A parent or guardian must sign the form for anyone under the age of 18. Organizers of outings are encouraged to download the waiver and distribute copies to the group to be completed ahead of time to give you more time on the ice.
The outing will last approximately two hours and starts with an off-ice introduction to the sport and safety review. Next, the participants will head out onto the ice to learn how to sweep and deliver stones. Finally, the group will be divided into teams to play a game for the final hour.
After the conclusion of the game, participants are welcome to relax in our warm room for a drink. It is curling tradition that the winners buy the losers a beverage. We have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options for purchase.
Here is some additional information about our Private Outings:
- The minimum group size is 16. We can accommodate up to 24 people on the ice at a time. For larger groups, please contact us.
- We provide all the equipment needed. Participants only need to bring comfortable, loose fitting and warm clothes as well as clean athletic shoes. Jeans you can squat in are acceptable, but sports pants are better. We prefer people to carry in the shoes you plan to wear on the ice. Shoes that you have just worn on the street can contain dirt that affects our ice. We do have a boot cleaner if you do not have alternative shoes. There are also changing rooms for men and women available.
- Business/Corporate Groups: $35 per participant
- Church/Social Adult Groups: $30 per participant
- Church/School Youth Groups: $10 per participant
If groups would like to use our space for meetings, catered meals (we do not have kitchen facilities), etc. in addition to the curling outing, please contact us for rates.
A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to secure your booking. The remainder is due at the event before it begins. Deposits are only returned if the outing is canceled due to a Level II Snow Emergency for Franklin County. The price for the outing provides each participant with instruction, equipment and a one-day social membership, allowing them to purchase beverages from the in-club bar. Per our license, alcoholic beverages can not be brought in and must be purchased from the Club.
Curling is a sport where teams have to work together and communicate to be successful. Bring your team out to learn our sport and have a great time in the process.